1. Project Introduction
MimbleWimble is a blockchain format and protocol that provides extremely good scalability, privacy, and fungibility by relying on strong cryptographic primitives. It addresses gaps existing in almost all current blockchain implementations.
Grin is an open-source software project that implements a MimbleWimble blockchain and fills the gaps required for a full blockchain and cryptocurrency deployment.
The main goal and characteristics of the Grin project are:
- Privacy by default. This enables complete fungibility without precluding the ability to selectively disclose information as needed.
- Scales mostly with the number of users and minimally with the number of transactions (<100 byte
kernel), resulting in a large space-saving compared to other blockchains.
- Strong and proven cryptography. MimbleWimble only relies on Elliptic Curve Cryptography which has been tried and tested for decades.
- Design simplicity that makes it easy to audit and maintain over time.
- Community-driven, encouraging mining decentralization.
A detailed post on the step-by-step of how Grin transactions work (with graphics) can be found in this Medium post.
2. Token Info
- Token Type: Native
- Token Name: Grin
- Token Symbol: GRIN
- Token Usage: Payments
- Total Supply: 19,888,440 GRIN
- Circulating Supply: 19,888,440 GRIN
3. Useful Links
- Official Website: https://grin-tech.org/
- Whitepaper 1: https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/wizardry/mimblewimble.txt
- Whitepaper 2: https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/wizardry/mimblewimble.pdf
- Explorer: https://grinexplorer.net
- GitHub: https://github.com/mimblewimble/grin
- Grin Forum: https://www.grin-forum.org/
- Grin Chat: https://gitter.im/grin_community/Lobby
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/grincouncil
- Telegram: https://t.me/GrinFans